Friday, August 7, 2009

Port St. Lucie, Florida 2009


Port St. Lucie

I decided to make a trip down to Port St. Lucie Florida to visit my old friends that I haven't seen in a very long time. I had a very hard decision to make about how to get there though. Did I want to take a flight down there and have them drive an hour to get me from the airport? Or did I want to take a relaxing ten hour drive by myself to clear my head? I chose the latter. However, relaxing was the first five hours, the last five to six hours was agony. I didn't regret my decision though. I got a lot of time to think and sing at the top of my lungs. I arrived to my friends, Lloyd and Becca's, house at about midnight. Just in time for some late dinner, light drinking, bath and bed.  We were going to get up early the next day and hit the beaches. We didn't waste any time there. We had some drinks, some laughs, and caught up old times like it was yesterday. They could not have done a better job making me feel comfortable and at home. So day one, we hit the beaches. We have been drinking so much first thing in the morning that I don't even know or remember which beach we were going to. A quick stop at the Walgreens for beer and smokes, then a shirt drive and we arrived. The crisp salty ocean breeze and warm sun reminded me of Hawaii. The sound of the waves crashing along the beach seemed to be all I could hear. Everything else just became drowned out in the background. The first day was going to be a relaxing beach day. Just sunbathing and lots of drinking. Let's not overthink the simple things.























No comments: