Saturday, August 8, 2009

Port St. Lucie, Florida 2009


Shrimpers and the Square Grouper

We decided on a place called Shrimpers for dinner the first night. It was suppose to have phenomenal clam chowder. I was about to put that to the test. We sat down on the patio right by the seaside dock. Boats could just pull up and hop off for a quick bite. I had to try the clam chowder since it came so highly reccomended by Becca. Since I'm on vacation, why not have crab legs as well. Don't forget the drinks! Can't stop drinking now, I'll crash if I suddenly stop. I was little tired, little drunk, and a little sunburned at this point. The chowder arrives to the table. Nothing extraordinary to me. It looks like clam chowder. It smells like clam chowder. Hmmm.. but it tastes so much better than the clam chowder you get anywhere else. It was the best clam chowder ever. This alone gave me my second wind. I began to liven up a bit for the main course. The crab legs are here. Interestingly they were cut in half. Like you don't have to crack them to get to the meat. Weird! Few more drinks later and we were done. We decided it was still early and would go to another place called the Square Grouper and have a few drinks. It had to be a great place because Alan Jackson leaves his boat docked there. By the time we got to the Square Grouper, we realized how tired and drunk we were. So we had just a couple more and listened to some music. We had to pay Alan Jackson's boat a visit. It was a nice boat! Wish I had one!

















No comments: